4/28/12

Week in review

IMG_3213
I didn’t post a blog message all week. I’m a little sick, a little busy, and I broke all my compact cameras. I even joined the cool kids club by getting a monster crack across the face of my iPhone. Rock! -Dropped it on a rock in Central Park.

Let me re-cap this work week.

Monday: Blew off an after-work event I wanted to go to to come home and prepare my survivalist backpack for the hair show. I packed kind bars and coconut water and sensible shoes because being dropped off at the Javits Center is like being dropped off in a no-man’s land.

Tuesday: Rise and shine very early. 7am call-time. Hair show was interesting. I liked learning about how important teaching is to the salon owner who I participated with. Here’s a doodle of what the presentation looked like: 

hair_show
And here’s the most transformative before & after- I love this!

IMG_3174 It takes a village of Japanese hair stylists and a makeup artist. 
And this is after the presentation and when I finally got home. Wavy. 

hair_show_wavy

Wednesday: Was feeling very sickly, so I took myself straight home, riding the bicycle very slowly, and put myself to bed at 8:45pm. You can count on me to do that once a week. I schedule “Go Home” on my Google calendar. No events allowed. I also had an “off night” in college where I stayed home or just went to the library and didn’t do any extra curriculars. Not even shopping is allowed. Designated homebody time.

Thursday: Still feeling sickly, misty day, found out Lovely Bicycle was going to this party at Adeline. Exchanged some DM’s over twitter. Had to meet her, so I went to the party. It’s Lovely to meet Lovely Bicycle’s Velouria!
With Julie at Adeline Adeline

And yes- it's beyond flattering that she had on one of my necklaces

Friday: Went straight home. Fixed fat-hell pasta, drank a hot toddy to soothe my throat and took a benadryl and fell asleep at 8pm. Yes- 8pm on a Friday in NYC. I ball so hard.

I have a new pocket camera while my other one will surely be shipped off for ages being assessed and repaired. This weekend I’ll be back to my old tricks.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/28/2012

    Love your hair! What a fun experience. Hope that you get feeling better soon!!

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/28/2012

    wow, and i thought Velouria was tall. You're even way taller than she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet Bonnie loves it when you are sick! You two look pretty comfy cozy! Feel better Miss Julie...such a fun blog...and I get so many hair/makeup tips...but most importantly, you inspire to ride, ride, ride...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/29/2012

    Awww, this is really a cute, cute post. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/01/2012

    Love this post! You make illin' so glam!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.