4/17/12

Spring Lady Biker Tips

It's springtime for real.
Bonnie & Me

Let's have some Spring Lady Biker Tips! I’m slathering myself with a mix of SPF, self-tanner and body lotion before I get dressed in the mornings. I smell a little crazy, a little sweaty and a little self-tannery and a little SPF’y.  I smell like a Lady Biker. The self tanner is going to help me fight the pasty whiteness I rock so hard. See photo above.

To stay behind my sweat threshold, I’m forcing myself to bike at a slower pace. Since I get ready faster- less clothing and no need for winter accessories, I’m getting out of the house faster because I don’t have to gather up gloves, scarves, ear-cover, etc, so biking slower doesn’t impact my arrival time for work.

The baby wipes are back since I’m biking around with so much exposed skin. My lotion potion seems to help grit stick to me so I might need to wipe down my calves or if I get a little grease on me, I can baby wipe myself.

I down own perfume, but I love this fancy Febreeze-type Freshening Spray from The Laundress.
Got that tip from the adorable Erin Perkins. I also notice when I bike, my scarves smell like a tailpipe- totally disgusting, and I think it helps to spritz them with this stuff. It’s a little pricey for a bottle of fancy freshening spray, but I think it’s a miracle worker and like I said, I don’t own perfume and this bottle has lasted a very long time.

Skippy shoes/Skipipies. Flats, slip-ons, slaps, whatever you wish to call them, they are skippies. Slip ‘em on and skip around, get it? I think I’m done with socks until fall. I hate socks. 
Someone asked me a hair question and one little tip is RIP your helmet off your head as soon as you arrive before you do anything else and fluff it a little with your fingers. Aerate! So it can start cooling while you lock-up or get in a freight elevator. Sometimes, I spray that fabric freshening spray in my hair if I’m paranoid that it smells like dirty girl hair.

Even though daytime is lasting longer, I always, always, always carry my lights with me. You never know when fun will strike and keep you out past dark so always be prepared.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for awesome tips - I'm gonna have to remember to grab me some freshening spray because I don't do perfume either!

    I got caught out the other day without lights as NZ just finished daylight savings and had to bike home in the dark (Scary!) and like you now they are totally fixed on my person.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hair tip! :D

    It's raining a windy here in London, so wet wipes will not be needed quite yet for me, but I will prepare! Your tips are invaluable!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/18/2012

    "I smell like lady biker."

    EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got caught without my lights the other day (I had actually left them in the pockets of my winter coat, which, of course, I wasn't wearing). I don't like to ride without them, so to get home, I had to take my bike on the subway with me. Luckily, I have a folding bike though, so it wasn't too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.