2/17/12

Open Love Letter to KM

Feb_17th
I saw this pic of you from this morning and I was like “Oh, my god, my bike is so cute!!!” A white bicycle with pink wheels is just the cutest fucking combo and I’m so glad I’ve got you. I don’t think I can ever live with black tires again.

I’m hard on you, and I do resent whoever dropped the ball on your rust-proofing, but I love you so much. I’ve been hard on you and I take you for granted and riding that tester bike has really made me see what a good thing we’ve got going. I really do love you.

It’s shallow to say I love you partly for your looks but that’s the truth. I love your simplicity too. I really am glad I can keep my (usually my right) hand in my pocket and bring you to a complete stop and you don’t have wires and brake handles up front. I really like that about you. I love how I’ve got so much cargo space on  you. We can shop and pick up cool stuff out of the trash if we want to. We can go to Whole Foods and get a couple bags of groceries and it’s all good. We don’t even have to plan ahead. Lock, stop, shop, roll home.

It’s unbearable to think about getting on the bus and/or the subway anymore. I’d rather be with you in the cold and the rain than have to put myself through public transportation.

Stay in one piece the best you can and please don’t get stolen or run-over and I’ll be true to you.
I might even give you a bath this weekend.



Here's the full bicycle/work outfit of the day - outside & inside.
Feb_17th

4 comments:

  1. Okay the moto jacket is just as cute as the bike!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! This jacket does get a lot of love. It's a little kids size. I got it at a thrift shop in Florida, the land where awesome coats end up at the thrift stores because no one needs them down there.

      Delete
  2. I can't even tell you how utterly perfect this bike is to me. She is so carefully balanced between simplicity and whimsy, I can't think of a thing I would change if she were mine. I hope you have a long and happy life together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you can bike around with exposed ankles!! We're only a little bit north of where you are and I have my winter liner in my Bern, gloves, scarf and boots on!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.