1/4/12

Witch's Titty Times

Polar bear bike commuter
This mangy polar bear coat was made in the USA and purchased at the Libby's R.O.S.E. thrift shop in Malvern, Arkansas. My Grandma introduced me to this gem of a shop. 
Vintage - Made in USA

I felt visible because of the enormity of this coat. It was 13ยบ on my ride to work this morning when I took this. I feel like a polar bear on wheels. 
Polar Bike Commute
My back got so sweaty, oh my god. But I did not get a watery-eye and have black tear fears.


I've been seeing some helmet-wearers with a knit cap under their helmet and it looks bulky and un-safe. I recommend this for a happy ear situation and a proper frontal lobe protection. 
slim_ear_band






7 comments:

  1. You need the Yakkay fur helmet to complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/05/2012

    Julie, you're unbelievable! You rode to work in 13 degree weather! I'm only 4 miles from work and now I feel like such a baby!

    ~ Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure your coat is my soul mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/07/2012

    That coat is smashing, my dear. And isn't it great that it's American made? You know, back in the 80's there was this "Made in America" campaign that I found really annoying. I was in college, didn't think about politics or policy issues very much and assumed that I was a Republican. Feel bad that I was so clueless at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you try one of Bern's winter liners for your helmet sweetie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polar bear on wheels LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rode this cold day too. Very chilly. I like your ear coverage. I just got a new ski helmet to keep my ears warm.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.