12/21/11

The Fun will wear you out

IMGP8891
I'm exhausted. I've been having too much fun. I've stayed out late the past three nights and the past three nights have been school nights. Bad! I'm exhausted. But it was fun.

Sunday afternoon, I finally got to meet cute Sharon of NYC Taught Me. It's a Mommy Blog that teaches me things. She's very small and sweet. We met at The Guggenheim to listen to Isaac Mizrahi read us Peter and the Wolf. The Julliard Ensemble plays the music. We had great front-row seats. There were really neat-o balloon sculptures by Jason Hackenwerth hanging overhead and we got a good exercise in stretching our imaginations. It was a neat experience.
We were both polite and didn't take pictures.

I think they wanted all the little chillin's in attendance to vacate the premises after the Isaac show, but I knew how we could shimmy on up to the rotunda to take in more of the Cattellan exhibit. IMG_2251

We killed some time so that we could enjoy the Christmas music program that started after-hours. While we were in line, the curly-haired, teenage son from Big Love was in line near us and that was exciting because I watched every single episode from day one.

The Christmas music was special. The choir/ensemble started singing from opposite sides way up on the rotunda. They walked down... it was great.

See the song books? They started up high and moseyed down.
IMG_2252

It was free and it's over til' next year, but you can go ahead and pencil it in on your Google calendar and be happy with yourself when you discover it next year :) It's an annual event in about it's 10th year.

After all that Guggenheim goodness I made Matt come and pick me up so we could meet our friends on the west side for a late dinner. It was THE COLDEST WEATHER HE'S EVER BIKED IN. It was really really cold! We stiffly rode our bicycles across town and met Al & El for dinner.

 He's burrowing his face at a stop light. He was cursing me into his coat. IMGP8874

He just made some comment about how much warmer it feels when you stop. Poor baby.

I was bundled up and it was still really cold. It was in the twenties. Ouch. I put on a brave face because this it was all my fault. 

IMGP8872

 Staying out til almost midnite on Sunday is a recipe for disaster.
 Monday night I had my work holiday party. It was a karaoke party and I hid in the corner then sneaked out. I hate karaoke. 

Tuesday night I had a really special reunion. Sarah was my segment producer when I was on Martha Stewart. She spent the day with me, getting me ready, keeping me from stealing things, etc. I've kept in touch with her all these years - Almost 5 years!

She agreed to be my date to the John Waters Christmas special after Matt bailed on me for one of his many work holiday functions. (He actually won a pretty big award last night at his party - resident of the year.)

Sarah met me at the Sanrio (Hello Kitty) store in Times Square I love that freaking store. It's open til midnight. I got an amazing t-shirt- Hello Kitty is eating a HAMBURGER on an American Flag. It's way too tiny for me, but I'm going to cut it and wear it. The magic is in the message.

Me and Sarah had a hard time finding a proper dinner at BB King's.
The bulk of our dinner came from this bucket.
  IMG_2272

The Show was fantastic! John Waters was much more rehearsed, I felt, than when I saw this special 2 years ago.
  IMG_2270

After the program, we walked to Sarah's office. She needed to collect some things and I wanted to keep talking.

IMG_2274




































We stopped and showed this nerd suit gentleman some love. We had a lot of questions for him. He has a business degree and a website that I just can't remember. Dressing up in a crazy get-up is a career in New York City. 
IMG_2278
He said he went to business school and we believed him because he had those prop-glasses to share with his patrons. 


IMG_2275

It was super-fun to sit in her office and catch up! Times like this make me glad I'm so dedicated with keeping up with people I really enjoy.

Sarah gave me this little green guy and I was happy to put him on my bike.
I hope he stays for a while!

IMG_0011

1 comment:

  1. Honey, 20's is nothing, wait till winter really starts rolling. Last year there was a day it went down to 6F.
    I rode that day just so I could say I did, and also every other day after that I could say, "Well at least it's not 6 out."

    A couple of keys to cold-weather riding: Breathe through a scarf, (adjust as necessary,) keep your ears covered, and keep everything else covered! Once you start riding, you'll actually start sweating no matter how cold it is.
    Happy Winter riding!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.