9/20/11

Bike Style Tips for Cooler Temps


Just in case you didn't know me last winter - We are going to ride this bitch all 12 months.
We may not ride when the snow is falling, but we will ride when the temps get crazy low.

Last winter I could not believe myself when I discovered my threshold for cold. I basically don't have one. I have faux furs, scarves, gloves, clear glasses, etc.
I do draw the line for cold + wind or cold + condensation falling.

But as long as it's DRY I can ride because I'm prepared.

Let me give details because my winter bike accessories are pretty affordable.
Clear glasses from Vans and many others from Claire's Boutique. -Yes, the Claire's for 12 year old girls. And me.
My driving gloves are also from Claire's.

4 comments:

  1. I have some for real driving gloves that I got for Christmas years ago with full fingers and the grips on the bottoms of the fingers. They are awesome for biking in the cold. You can still fiddle with your lock and everything because you've got the grips and the fingers are very slim. If it gets to around 20 degrees or below I have to use for real crazy thick winter cycling gloves. And sometimes even then I have to double up on the gloves. Also getting some extra winter cycling caps and cowls that cover up your face and neck up to your eyes. I seriously look like Ghost Dad, I don't care, I'm still biking when it's 14 degrees out. ....I'm realizing I may be the only one on here who went to see Ghost Dad in the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this bike cape on another blog I read and IMMEDIATELY thought of you: http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2011/09/bike-rain-cape.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FbboSV+%28A+CUP+OF+JO%29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine9/20/2011

    ^I haven't commented on here before but much kudos are in store for the Ghost Dad reference. A tip of the hat to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with Ghost Dad but maybe there will be a Blizzard and I'll conjure it up on Netflix this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.