8/25/11

Maybe don't try this at home

Maybe don't drink your dinner then go home and cut your own hair. I've had years of practice.
The first time I gave myself a drastic haircut was in the 5th grade.

Lotsa times my hair gets thick and round and I just cut it myself. Here's my result from last night's affair.
haircut_all_sides
I had a life-long hair-dresser in Arkansas. When I moved to North Carolina I didn't know who was going to cut my hair, so my Arkansas hair-lady told me to buy a razor like this - It was less than $5 at Sally Beauty Supply. 
Hair Razor
I've had this one razor for about 10 years.

Last night I felt a final straw moment with this hairball.
Hair Probs - Final Straw Night
I definitely look more put-together. 
fresh little haircut
I didn't even see these results until this morning (after a fresh wash & blow-dry) because I passed-the-heck out last night and just slept on wet hair. It looked amazing this morning when I walked The Bonnie Dog at 6:30am. Gorgeous, I tell ya! I'm quite embarrassed about my dog-walking looks which occur at that early hour on week-days. Sometimes I'm smart enough to cover-up with sunglasses. All these maintenance dudes and construction workers see me walking Bonnie-dog, then I re-emerge later and no one recognizes me. 

I don't know if I will ever grow out of this asymmetrical cut if I just keep repeating it. I'm OK with that. Who needs symmetric hair anyway?

The saddest part about cutting my hair is knowing that I'm cutting off $$$ in haircolors. Yes, $$$. 

*I'm in no way encouraging anyone to cut their own hair. If anyone jacks themselves up, I never told anyone to cut their own hair. I'm just telling you about how I do it. Probably don't cut your own hair. Don't do it. 

8 comments:

  1. You have the greatest hair ever. Quite bold to put the scissors (razor-comb?) to it yourself, but it looked like it paid off. I will heed your worry and not try this at home, but I'm glad it worked out for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, you're freaking fabulous.

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I just did almost the same thing earlier this week -- love my razor comb! Am dreading seeing my friend who is my hair stylist though! Mine didn't turn out quite as well as yours in the back...but maybe I need to take more off! Or maybe I should bite the bullet and just ask my friend to do it right! I just could explain what I wanted properly when I was at the salon (and forgot my pics of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current hair-girl/s don't get mad when I cut it myself. They say it's a collaboration! Thank goodness.

    But I still do feel guilty if I cheat on one of them with the other for color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been cutting my own hair for years. But I keep mine long and only trim it, at most, once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fabulous. Just think what it would have cost you!!!

    Glad you were ok over the hurricane. We have all been thinking of you over there. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is your hair naturally curly or wavy? I love this cut and wonder how my straight hair would handle it. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is officially wavy. I can never make it stick-straight. It's really wavy and crazy thick on top. I think hair this short on straight-straight hair takes more work. I think my waves just do their thing and it looks like I fixed my hair. It's a trick ;)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.