
I am so glad I participated in all three installments of Summer Streets. I fell into the first one accidentally, but loved it immediately.
This week me and Malaika established a meet-up spot, so other people could easily locate us and hang out. This was a good solution, because last week I missed people. Summer Streets is busy!

Kristina, Maureen, Sheryl, Malaika and Me! And a very cute Jen with a black Linus Dutchie stopped by briefly.

And Julian sporting a really cute houndstooth man-pouch. It's contents match my little bicycle cosmetic pouch of supplies.
After hanging out in the Whole Foods picnic area and eating free snacks, some of us rode down to my favorite summer spot, that sadly, is closing at the end of the month - Imperial Woodpecker Sno-Balls!

I was a little nervous leading people on a ride. It was short, but still. This was a BIG FIRST.
Usually I'm just leading my husband around.Reggie & Kristina are a very neat couple. They had a costume party Halloween wedding for gosh-sakes!
Kristina's Schwinn Wayfarer is a model that has caught my eye before. It's a very cute bike.Kim is a Londoner, who is new to biking in the city. We pushed her boundaries and I hope she's proud that she rode on streets without bike lanes.

Me and Malaika again, used the West Side Greenway to get home. We had outfits to plan to celebrate Sheryl's birthday later that evening.
Once more, thanks for arranging a meet up! It was delightful meeting you, Malaika, Kristina, Reggie and Kim. And it is always a pleasure meeting up with Sheryl, the birthday girl. Looking forward to doing it again!
ReplyDeleteI had a blast on Saturday. Thanks so much Julie. Let me know when you are doing more meetups and mini tours.
ReplyDeleteI have signed up for some riding on the road classes so will be less phobic next time.
Thanks again
Kim (and Houdini)
you did a great job leading :) What a fun day :) I NEED MORE SNO-BALLLLLLLLLLLLLS!
ReplyDeleteall you gals are fabo as well, we both had oodles of fun!