8/22/11

Fancy Times - The Campbell Apartment

I love this gang I'm in... This little gang of Ladies who ride Bicycles... Some may call it a Pussy Posse...
pussy_posse_Birthday
I'm really glad I met Sheryl. She's fun on the internet but she's really fun in person too. This was the first time I met her at the BikeNYC Blogger Meet-Up Back in very cold March. We were the girliest speakers. It wasn't hard to bond with her. I also met Amanda who was there that night. She seemed shy.
www.gudphoto.com
I met Malaika in June at a bike class and I think Amanda and her boyfriend dubbed our foursome the Pussy Posse. We're OK with that.
Lady Bikers after class
That was day 2 of my having the Linus Dutchie bike. Those black tires didn't last very long.

Now we're at the end of August and it was Sheryl's 40th Birthday and she invited us for fancy cocktails at The Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Station.
Bike friends at The Campbell Apartment
She celebrated BIG and I saw her earlier in the day at Summer Streets and I also went to the Manhattan portion of her evening birthday festivities. (She had a Brooklyn party too!)

We were happy to get dressed up. I re-wore my New Year's Eve dress.

I wish I had paid better attention to the cocktails I had. I definitely had Prohibition Punch and the Jasmine Tea Rickey.
Cocktails - The Campbell Apartment
I have wanted to visit The Campbell Apartment for a few months since I heard about it. I'm glad I got to go and I'm glad it was such a sweet celebration for a lovely friend.

Fancy Cocktails at The Campbell Apartment
I think we might be discussing booze. Booze plans. I don't know. I do know I was wearing false eyelashes on this occasion. Of course my husband didn't even notice.

The Campbell Apartment
Proper attire in my eyes meant "Put on a fancy dress and false lashes!" My make-up boyfriend Jesse at MAC puts them on for me. I've never applied them myself. I haven't tried, but that's my story. Why do it yourself when someone can do it for you and you can play with make-up and gossip? 

Happy Birthday Bitch Cakes!

*I read Sheryl's blog for a few months before I met her. Her name online is Bitch Cakes. It's weird to refer to a person as Bitch Cakes. So it feels a little strange saying that- Happy Birthday Bitch Cakes! 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/22/2011

    Great post and photos Julie. I've had the pleasure of meeting Sheryl through cycling events as well. She is such an inspiring, genuine person. And now, through cycling I met you and Malaika in person too. Cheers to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! I love this post. I used to commute into Grand Central everyday and never made it to the Campbell Apartment. My loss! I've also never tried false lashes, but have always wanted to. I think I need to make a friend at the MAC counter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie!

    I'm a new reader to your blog and I'm totally chuffed to see that you have met friend Amanda. Don't be fooled by her quiet exterior, the summer I met her, she had her arm in cast from bumpin' broads around during roller derby practice. And, just after the first cast came off, she had a little altercation between her bicycle and car, resulting in a two-cast summer. But that didn't slow her down at all! It's with all love and admiration when I say that girl is hell on wheels!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.