7/20/11

Cute Bicycle Helmets - Affordable Ones

bern_watts-7-20
Let's talk about cute bicycle helmets.

Bicycle shops don't always have the kind of cute LadyBiker gear I need, so I'm an equal-opportunity sporting goods shopper. I ordered this Pro Tec helmet from a skater store online today. $29.95 made me scramble to the checkout. Glossy, pink, and surely helpful for bike visibility.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out your helmet size. Matt measured around my noggin with a measuring tape. It's 22" around. I wear Medium in Bern brand helmets. I chose Medium in Pro Tec helmets because I used Google calculator(because I have an art degree, not math) to figure out that 22cm translates to 56cm.

My husband also has a 22" head, which is tiny for a grown man. He currently wears this bern helmet.
Matt & Me

If I told you I'm 5'8" you could not unravel that lie unless you were able to find out that .25" is missing.

My all white helmet is a Bern watts in gloss white. See it's at a Skater Store. Sports stuff is sports stuff no matter how you're rolling.

For some slight reasons, it doesn't fit as well as my white/black/purple one. My husband originally bought this for himself and I stole it immediately.

Not that we're worried right now, but in the bone-chilling winter, I usually wrapped a scarf, bandana or cozy headband around my ears under the helmet to protect my precious little ears.

I have tiny ears.

8 comments:

  1. My husband and I both have Berns....great helmets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I emailed them to ask if they want to me to help them design some cute Lady ones. I'd love a hot pink leopard print. Or a gold on white snow leopard.

    ...Waiting to hear back from them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg thats such a great idea !!!!!! I could TOTALLY back that idea up for u girl ;) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they let you design some. I want to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I used Google calculator(because I have an art degree, not math) to figure out that 22cm translates to 56cm."
    Julie you are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/21/2011

    Thanks for the link! I have a Bern in black and it's simply too hot! I just purchased the matte Rasta green. BTW, I luv your blog!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of Bern - managed to find a matte pink helmet (for visibility of course) at my bike shop back in Columbus, OH. Also managed to get a 20% discount because the thing was a floor model. Before that I used my old skateboarding helmet! A helmet is a helmet is a helmet, amirite? xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right- A helmet is a helmet is a helmet.

    Bern still hasn't called me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.