
New pink bicycle tires and highlighter pink L.A.M.B. bag.

Pink rainslicker. I got splashed by a taxi from head to toe on my way in to work, but luckily dried by the time I arrived thanks to a simple/lazy, cotton-y outfit and summer temps.

The major news of the day and maybe the week is that the Pink Bicycle Tires arrived from Fyxation!

I stayed up late making an outfit to wear to The Coney Island Mermaid Parade, but I can't go... this year. I'm going to use it for Halloween and keep it and it will be ready for next year's parade.

Some pinky-purple outfits from the other day. The dressy look on the left was deemed impractical for the ride ahead of me. The shorty outfit won and was a smart decision. I rode way downtown, attended a benefit concert and then a night-ride home.

This ride with all this crap on my handlebars & basket was my first with the pink tires. I'm in love!
And I'll be changing the grips and seat asap! I want this black saddle and the pink grips to match the tires. Kate Middleton is going to get abducted she's becoming so sexy!
PS - You are smoking crack if you think I'm going to even try to have a Brooks saddle for a week in NYC. Unless you want to send me one for free.
I never knew you could get pink bike tires! This information has changed my life. haha. Your bike looks amazing with the new tires & I love your outfits!
ReplyDeleteare you going to get the short BMX grips or the long track grips? Since you don't have to worry about brake levers, you could go with either!
ReplyDeleteDid you buy the 700 x 28c tires since they don't make them in 700 x 32c? I am buying a Linus Mixte, which comes with 700 x 32c black tires, but am switching them out for white since I can't find cream ones to fit. 700 x 35c are too big unless I remove the fenders. My bike is sage green and there is a part of me that can see it with pink tires, but I'm about to turn 50, so I think I best stick with white.
ReplyDeleteGosh, Ruthie! I don't know! I was going to email them and ask which would fit better. I bet I'll go with the cheapest option since all of this beauty is at such a high risk of being stolen. :( NYC bikes are fun but THEFT is so REAL! It's scary!
ReplyDeleteKim- Here's the info from the box.
ReplyDelete700 x 28c
120 tpi - foldable
I am HOT for white tires!
Thanks! My bike guy ordered me the Vittoria Randonneur 700 x 28c. Your blog helped me decide on the Linus by the way. I'm too switching out the saddle and possibly the grips. And after reading your comments about their bells probably that as well.
ReplyDeletePink tires are freaking hot. White are boring IMHO.
ReplyDeleteWowee! Pink tyres! Pink grips! What was that pink you were wearing on the second picture? Looks great.
ReplyDeleteKim, why shouldn't you have pink tyres, 50 is no age. I'd ride pink tyres if I had that bike & I'm well over 50.
ReplyDeletePink tyres are so cool..... love them wonder in NZ will ever get them :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the pink tires! Hey, Nashbar and Performance have similar saddle but a tad cheaper, also Soma fabrications has pretty rad ones!
ReplyDeletethats a lovely bicycle ,you got style l'd love to get some tyre like that for my bicycle
ReplyDelete