5/18/11

Being Brave: Biking in the Rain

Busy times
My sprinkly ride today.

Rainy day keds & cuffed jeans
Easy sneakers & jeans rolled into cuffs. I could wipe my ankles with a baby-wipe when I got to work if needed, or kick these wet bitches off as soon as I got home!

My bike was outside today and the rain was crazy! I just took a few sheets of paper towels and wiped down the important stuff.
Minimal strategy

Crouching Tiger
I found myself crouching down low over my handlebars instead of riding totally upright with lady biker pride.

This is so grrreeeeat- Stand there with the cab door hanging open in the bike lane while you're companion is inside the taxi paying or writing a book or whatever took so long. It's only 6th Avenue at rush hour. Take your time. 
Grrrrreeat
I have had cab drivers be extremely apologetic about the behavior of their passengers who exercise poor judgement in opening the door or leaving doors ajar like this. Like twice.

6th Ave Bike Lane

I made it! Luckily, my commute timing was perfect for the lightest of sprinkles. I hear fat rain-drops outside right now. I want to try to be more brave about riding in the rain light precipitation now that it's warmer out. It's not that I'm not brave, but I get distracted when I'm miserable and that misery sabotages my level of caution/alertness about my surroundings.

Tomorrow I hope the rain is manageable because I very much want to participate in this Get Fancy bicycle event tomorrow evening. I want to do it! I love the Jane Hotel!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.