
Some words on Cute Bicycle Outfits because analytics tells me a lot of people come to my little blog searching for that sort of information. Refer back to my year in Cute Commuting outfits montage.
Or this Bicycle Outfits Flickr set.
You can bike in almost any of your normal clothes/shoes.
I can only think of one or 2 skirts that I don't think I can ride in.
If I want to wear high heels, I ride in comfy skippies (keds) and switch when I get in.
This is no more shameful than walking the NYC sidewalks in your sneakers and switching to heels when you're comfortably in your office/workplace.
Now that I ride so often, I don't buy clothes that I can't ride my bike in. When I shop, and I shop often, the thought of bicycle outfits is in the back of my mind. Sometimes I even get excited when something matches my bicycle!
Now that it's getting warm outside, I will have to 1. Slow down to stay behind my sweat-threshhold and 2. Dress with scandalous Ukranian Hooker flare. I can already tell that I'm getting dressed quicker in the mornings because I'm not having to wear all the winter gear I once did. I'm not having to choose among my faux furs, ear-covers, gloves, etc.
I realized a container of baby-wipes saved my life last summer when I had gritty legs from street-scum or grease on my bare, ultra-pale skin.
Back to today- Just a regular Monday. I actually had a really huge weekend of tourism with Matt and his mom, but I'm going to post that after she posts her photos on Flickr and I can steal them and share here. I am an amazing tour guide!
I ran into Victoria's Secret after work and I mean, ran and scurried around in piles of neatly laid-out panties to get what I needed because I parked my bike on something I was uncertain about. I made it quick!
Then Matt was walking up at the same time I got home so he took my exasperated-looking photos:

Here's one tourist pic from the weekend of Me and Matt-

And this super-cool JEsus that was on a bicycle in Chelsea. I don't know what came first- the Jesus or the Bicycle.
Hey, Julie!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love the talk about your "sweat threshold." So true So true.
Everytime I read your posts, a bike-rider question of mine gets answered. *Yay*!...and thanks!
I can't get enough of your blog! I stumbled on it when looking for Stephanie Szorak's short haircut, and ever since I've been hooked. Love the cute outfits and bike knowledge!!
ReplyDeleteThank you guys/GIRLS so much! My hair is almost back to a Stephanie cut. I get SO MUCH Traffic b/c of people searching for info on her hair. I really wish she would let me meet her. I think we're both in New York City. I would ride my bike to meet her somewhere safe and neutral in case she thinks I'm nuts.
ReplyDeleteThat photo of you looks very sweet, they both do. The latter one is a bit coy too.
ReplyDeleteWe've been having good weather over here. It's bad to hear of the extreme weather over in the south of the US. It must be very worrying living in those areas.
I'm thinking of buying a helmet as I didn't manage to customise the one I bought cheaply and am thinking of a Sawako one in leopard. Look them up, say what you think. The Bern ones seem a bit large for me, I've tried them on but they don't suit.