3/6/11

I've Got This

After bitching about my hair for a few days I remembered that I am great at cutting my own hair!
Saturday morning I thought about it a little and got ready. I was really inspired by my friend Reiko's really cute, extremely asymmetric cut. She has a shaved side. I can't go there, but I could go ultra-short on one side.

I think I did a great job:
AFTER at-home haircut

I really just exposed my left ear by whittling away with this thinning-razor thing that I bought at SALLY many years ago for about $3.
Yep.
I'm sorry if that pic is gross. Just showing you how much I can thin-out of there and still have a lot of hair left.

Fresh Cut

Saturday-day I had brunch with my Japanese friends. We shopped some cheap-o shops in Spanish Harlem.
IMGP3879

Then I went home (in a taxi, checked in with my husband) and got on my bike. I went to the West Side to see Black Swan with friends. We saw it at the theater in Lincoln Center. If you've seen Black Swan, you'll understand why it was an amazing and creepy move to see it there, because right across the street is the actual Lincoln Center where most of the movie takes place.

I loved Black Swan so much! I also loved that Saturday night was slightly over 50º and biking was a delight. Central Park was alive and the streets were pretty clear.
IMGP3898

Saturday Night Panda
Are you wondering- Did her fuchsia lipstick last through a brunch at a Mexican restaurant, shopping in Harlem, then biking across New York City, then watching an entire movie and eating a bucket of popcorn?! Yes! My lipstick did last! I did tiny touch-ups, but I set the stage correctly and was careful all day.

Saturday was a great success!

3 comments:

  1. I love how your hair turned out! Great job!

    xoxo
    Missy
    http://throughanindielens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - you're hair looks fantastic!
    And again with the style... girl I love it so much!

    Lady Vélo x

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.