1/1/11

Last Ride of 2010

Bike Friday! Happy New Year!

I got so bored today, I faced my fears about riding my bicycle in these snowy conditions.
This is my biggest fear- being pushed over into the snow-bank or onto the snow-slush with hard-chunks and crashing.
IMGP2408
That dirty shit is where I need to be riding along smoothly!

I didn't get too wet and my jacket stayed pure, even thought it was so wet outside with the snowmageddon melt. The streets are so wet!
IMGP2309

I rode the big loop in Central Park, then down through Times Square to see the maniacs waiting for the ball drop.
IMGP2393

One of the many snow piles that are taller than me and my bike.
IMGP2407

This is usually a fast-speed-riding part of my commute but all the people in the streets had traffic - foot and car - stopped so I could take pics.
IMGP2357

If you visit me, I won't help you ride in one of these, because I don't believe in it, but it looks great in this photo.
I don't support this, but-

If you visit me- we can use a pedi-cab to tour the park.
IMGP2403

My Mother-in-Law gave me this coat. She got it for a buck in Louisiana.
IMGP2299

I got some more, new fake glasses at WalMart last week in Arkansas. These were on sale for $3. I also go this bandana at a thrift shop in AR.

My big box of new thrifted clothes has not arrived. I ship my stuff home to myself.

IMGP2405
It's never too early to start scheming to enter next year's Mad Men photo contest. I hope they do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/03/2011

    Love the coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/04/2011

    First of all, I admire your dedication to biking in the snow. I hope Bob will agree to the Friday night Winter Tweed Ride despite the severe high elevation cold and snow now on the ground. We don't have studded tires so I'm not sure. The ride will be a good excuse to wear a vintage fur my mother bought me in Athens, GA 25 years ago. I love your coat and have one of a similar style in camel; it belonged to my grandmother who wanted me to have it after she passed. A coat like that never goes out of style. Happy pedaling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.