Gwynne, my hair dresser, wants me to wear my hair back like this. I did a good shampoo and soaked my hair in Kerastase for about 20 minutes, then blow-dried. It turned out really cooperative and shiny so the full pompadour was worn. High and Mighty!


Yeah, I felt really cute.

Sweater is a sample from work.
Brooch gifted by husband's family.
Joe's Jeans that I've loved for 3 years and luckily wide legs are back!
Forever 21 brown boots that you can't see.
Charlotte Russe heart-shaped earrings.
This brooch was a gift from Matt's grandmother/great-grandmother's costume jewelry collection.
Here I am using it as the fanciest safety pin ever known, because I was missing the top button.

Since it's Saturday, I had time to do perty eye makeup.

This is how I looked setting out for the subway to head downtown.

Sunglasses imperative when rocking such strong eye-shadow mid-day on the subway.
Got to cover it up or people will lose control.
At my first event - at a thrift shop event where a cute friend was going to perform - I saw it snowing outside. I ran into Duane Reade across the street and got this bonnet and wore it proudly.

My pompadour lasted until after dinner. I was too self-conscious that it was falling, so I put a headband on it. It was still pretty big and tall, but the head-band gave me security.
And I want to note, for understanding, that at this thrift shop I visited overalls were $150.00. These are $5 in Arkansas. This is why I go absolutely insane for Arkansas thrift shopping and I'm pretty anti-thrift shopping in NYC all together. This is why I don't even go there. Ever.



Yeah, I felt really cute.

Sweater is a sample from work.
Brooch gifted by husband's family.
Joe's Jeans that I've loved for 3 years and luckily wide legs are back!
Forever 21 brown boots that you can't see.
Charlotte Russe heart-shaped earrings.
This brooch was a gift from Matt's grandmother/great-grandmother's costume jewelry collection.
Here I am using it as the fanciest safety pin ever known, because I was missing the top button.

Since it's Saturday, I had time to do perty eye makeup.

This is how I looked setting out for the subway to head downtown.

Sunglasses imperative when rocking such strong eye-shadow mid-day on the subway.
Got to cover it up or people will lose control.
At my first event - at a thrift shop event where a cute friend was going to perform - I saw it snowing outside. I ran into Duane Reade across the street and got this bonnet and wore it proudly.

My pompadour lasted until after dinner. I was too self-conscious that it was falling, so I put a headband on it. It was still pretty big and tall, but the head-band gave me security.
And I want to note, for understanding, that at this thrift shop I visited overalls were $150.00. These are $5 in Arkansas. This is why I go absolutely insane for Arkansas thrift shopping and I'm pretty anti-thrift shopping in NYC all together. This is why I don't even go there. Ever.

I love your blog Julie! Thanks for always cheering up my day!
ReplyDeleteYou look very au courant & chic with your hair that way. Makeup, hair, pin, outfit - all look great. Glad you like your family gift!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the fold out sofa. Kind of looks like the one in the HGTV sweeps NY apt.
Thanks! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the 'do! I got my hair cut today... I may have to try a pompadour! I can't believe the $150 overalls- that's insane!! I got two awesome shirts at my Goodwill today for a grand total of $6.00
ReplyDeleteYay, Pennsylvania!
xo
The hair is very sophisticated, love the pink lipstick too. The new sofa will be useful if you want a friend to stay.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a bit 60s - I remember having one of the first ones that were moulded out of hard foam, with arms and everything all in one, black vinyl and buttons. It was hellishly uncomfortable but I didn't care!
Very becoming 'do!
ReplyDeleteLove this hair style. you're so lucky, you have the type of face that can rock just about any hairstyle, jealous!
ReplyDelete