
Today I found the Conservatory Garden. Wonderful and unexpected. A gem at the Northern end of Museum Mile.
I went to meet my new friend Shilo Byrd to see the Museum of the City of New York's Notorious and Notable: 20th Century Women of Style exhibit. The exhibit was fantastic! We were polite visitors and refrained from taking photographs so there's nothing to see here, but it was awesome-cool, and we laid our eyes on a platinum & diamond necklace owned by BIG EDIE! -Among other super-special beautiful treasures. Mostly fancy, fancy dresses.
(I went a little bit black Friday shopping with/for Matt in the morning) -But I feel so much cleaner about myself knowing that a museum exhibit was the focus of this day, rather than retail. I feel like it was better for my soul and I hope to Make This a Tradition.
I did a little bicycle riding today to meet Shilo at the museum. It wasn't very far. But it was cold! On the way home I held off on pedaling and just coasted because pedaling brought increased speed, which brought increased amounts of cold wind slapping my face.

I looked-up the man on this statue and it turns out that he's known as the father of gynecology. Okay! Dr. Matt was impressed and he's generally a hater. -Of everything.

Here is the Museum of the City of New York. It is located on 5th Avenue at 103rd Street.

And here's a De La Vega mural very close by.
Before this adventure even began...

I waited for the cable guy and did my makeup. I curled my lashes with great care today and it shows.

I bundled up (Mackage coat) on top though my ankles were showing in my Glitter TOMS & Ankle jeans. I broke out my faux-Chanel bag that is actually a granny brand from JCPenny's - Worthington, that I got at a Goodwill in North Little Rock.


Me and Shilo were both impressed with these flowers. It's November 25th!

Conservatory Garden is the Bomb.

Today was a great little day. I got home and found The Best Christmas Present in the mailbox - A gift membership for me & Matt to MoMA from his Mom! Matt's never been to MoMA and it's so huge, it's hard to get through it in one day. We are going to work on it chunk by chunk and I think we'll break off a piece of that goodness tomorrow.
I ran and put my member card in my wallet immediately. I can't wait to get the members-only special events calendar. Gifted museum memberships are the best- It's a gift to give to a museum and it's a gift to the recipient, and it's very chic and it fits. This became ingrained in me during my short stint at the North Carolina Museum of Art.
What did I do to deserve such a nice day?! Fly-Day Fridays forever!
from J-Ray too.
ReplyDelete