10/21/10

Triumph! - Purple Cute Witch Costume

The recipient of this fantastic costume hasn't tried it on yet, but I'm confident she's going to be the super-star of her neighborhood, or wherever she wears this on Halloween.
Better_PBK_Witch
I knocked it out of the park. This is based on Pottery Barn Kids' Witch costume (green.) I went to see the real deal in person and knew that I could make it purple- her favorite color - and more fun!

I wish I was this into sewing all the time.

My machine's tune-up was amazing. It's working so well now, I forgot it could function this nicely. I've had those Built by Wendy patterns for years and maybe I'll get my life together and do one of them.

This is the first belt I've ever made.
My first belt

And I'm so impressed with this ruffle I created.
Bonnie & Ruffles

Witch hat for niece
I hand-tacked the ruffle trim onto this cheap-o witch hat.

And I think I did a cute job with this cape. I was worried that I wouldn't remember how to make fabric "ruffle" like this. I made the cape shorter than the PBK version on purpose so it wouldn't cover up her humongously puffy skirt.
Bonnie in the witch cape

Witch getup for niece

I figured out how I'm going to dress myself and there isn't much work to do. I'm going to be a sushi. I'll get to re-use one of my sparkly cocktail dresses. Today was a good day on the creative frontier.

1 comment:

  1. i love the purple color and the dresses of witch are really good in this color. this is really a cute job. thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.