9/26/10

Re: Following the Dots Around the City - Lichtenstein Art Tour on Bicycles with my Honey

Friday at work I found this NY Times article whispering in my ear that I should turn this into a daytime bicycle date for my huzzy and me. I was so impressed with myself with this fantastic idea, I got to work and took down the addresses and mapped it for bicycles. It felt like we biked miles and miles because it was tremendously hot for it being almost October, but here is our complete route:
Lichtenstein Bicycle Tour
Stop B was the Mitchell Innes-Nash Gallery in Chelsea
C was the Morgan Library & Museum
and D was the Leo Castelli Gallery not too far from our apartment

And here's the list of the galleries & museum, but not in the order in which we visited:
Bicycle Date of the Century!
See my little quiz answers on the left? It's from my friend Amalia's "Which Teen Mom are You?" Quiz. I was equal parts Farrah & Catelynn, and that is a very accurate assessment of me. (I'm glamourous now like Farrah :) but I don't come from the most sophisticated home, and my mother and I did not have the best relationship.)

I think Woman in Bath was my favorite thing I saw all day, as in, that's me and I need her in my life/home. It wasn't a painting, it was at the Morgan Library and it was a drawing.

Starting out we rode across Central Park to get over to the Bike Super-Highway on the West Side.
I should have turned around and put not-jeans on, but I didn't.

We experienced riding on the West Side Highway Bike Path. It was superbusy b/c of the whole Saturday deal, but it's very nice.
IMGP0713

It's even got double yellow stripes like a real highway for cars. Very cute.
IMGP0715

We had a little breather before we went into the first gallery in Chelsea since were were hot, sweaty animals at this point.
IMGP0720

Locked-up illegally. This little gallery street needs more bicycle racks or parking. We hated to do this, but we knew we wouldn't be in the gallery too long.
IMGP0722

IMGP0724

I biked this adventure in these shoes I got at Target in Raleigh last weekend. They were awesome!
IMGP0729

Photo FAIL! I was trying to take BOTH OF US at a stop light.
IMGP0730

We were on W. 26th Street and I recognized the Martha banners. I tried to re-create this old shot:
Ta-Dah!!! I did it!!!

I did OK:
3.5 Years Later

IMGP0733

The Lichtenstein pieces at the Morgan were awesome, especially since we are Mad Men addicts and everything advertising-wise was more simple and visually pleasing in the design sense. The Morgan is the only stop on the tour where we had to pay, but it's a full-on museum and it was a full exhibit. It was only $12.

Good date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.