A. No one else has the balls to really commit to this mess. No one else knows their schedule as well as I do.
B. OMG It might sell out then I'll hate myself - MUST PURCHASE TICKET IMMEDIATELY!
I scrambled, pretty much threw all the shit out of my purse and demolished my neat desk to purchase a ticket for this "Friends with a Benefit" benefit for The American Bird Conservancy. Although the line-up looks nice, I'm totally in it to see Ira Glass (hubba-hubba) interview my woman Rachel Maddow! And it's at this venue that I went to see Hillary at during her presidential campaign. I mean, I went to see Hillary a few times but at Town Hall she had a fundraiser and she was in discussion with Wesley Clark (swoon.) I know it's a very "Sit-down" nice, intimate for NYC venue.
Per the seating chart online, I think my seat is approximately where this X is and I'm super happy with these logistics:

The last event that I broke my neck to type in the credit card numbers fast enough was for that Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Sewing book release party. I'm glad I did it then and I have the utmost confidence in seeing Maddow this time. (I've gone to a Maddow speaking event before.)
The weather was odd today and it just seemed like the right thing to do- stop and take a little photo on the way to work. My pocket camera has a panorama-maker setting.

This photo contains: The FDR, The Queensboro Bridge, Roosevelt Island, two dog parks and the East River Path that has a construction thing totally messing up me and Mr. JPH's bicycle commutes.
Oh damn, that IS a hot ticket. You did the right thing by not hesitating, hesitation has always caused me to later kick myself unmercifully.
ReplyDeleteIn vaguely related news, I saw Rachel Maddow on the F train one and I nearly had a heart attack. She rides the train! She's so normal, yet incredible!
I love Maddow so much! I love that her new address is online but it scares me for her too. I want her privacy upheld and to be protected. But I secretly want to be her neighbor someday.
ReplyDeleteIf I see her on the train I don't even care - I've got to show her the love! I saw Kristen Schaal at my prior store where I worked and I geeked-the-fuck out on her, as in, I told her I watched everything "even the podcasts"! So dorky. No regrets!