6/6/10

Apartment + NYC Anniversary!

I'm very much at-home and in-love with living in New York City lately. June 8th marks 3 years of Matt & JPH in NYC. I've said this from day 1 - "I'm so glad we did this!" I love the opportunity. It truly was, and it truly is, the best time in our young lives to live in this fast, big, busy city. I am at the point where I know that I will feel a huge depression and sadness when and if a time comes to move away from here. A season of mourning will be in order.

So- We have lived in this NYC apartment for one year and for the first time in THREE YEARS - We are not moving in June! Poppin' Bottles Happy about this! My new everyday pocket (beat-the-shit-out-of-this-one-and-wear-it-on-my-wrist-when-I-ride-my-bike-eek!) camera has some cool Wide Angle + Panorama functions that you are about to see.

Our 2 rooms that make up our apartment are SUPER SKINNY as you will see.
IMGP0419

Since my husband was away all weekend Camping, I did a really focused cleaning today and took pics. I submitted it to Apartment Therapy for their Home Tour section. I think there are contests for tiny apartment living that we can compete in. I think our apartment is about 500 square feet.

My husband is sick of this Cotton piece, but it reminds me of driving down to South East Arkansas (Monticello) to visit my Great Grandmother when I was little.
IMGP0408

IMGP0409

I think my faux-closet is a little hairy right now. There are some parts I want to buy (from IKEA it's birth-mother) to make it more efficient.
Extremely Narrow Bedroom

Saturday Night I was feeling extra home alone and in a state of ultimate peace and redesigned my website: jphardee.com
I created a new JPH signature but otherwise it's the same content in an updated package for Summer 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Anne Marie6/07/2010

    Love your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly6/08/2010

    500 sq feet.. It reminds me of the little 450 sq feet living space we saw in Ikea.. or Maybe it was 250. It had to be 250 because it was TINY. You have to be SUPER organized to live in a smaller space, which you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie6/10/2010

    Yours looks so individual. I just love it. In the UK, almost everyone's house looks the same, kitchens all fitted, all neutral! My house is tiny but bigger than your apartment but it's too cluttered & I'm trying to de-clutter a little (Ebay)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.