4/10/10

The Fit-Modeling Part

The fit-modeling. It's a part-time job that happens every day. That means, I get dressed for work but I take off my outfit and try on other stuff. There are these little documents that discuss the tech. specs. of each item. Various other people who play different roles discuss the items while I have them on. There's always a production person, a sales-person, the technical seamstress and usually the designer.

It's pretty nice to get paid for this. It's very nice.



How's the arm-hole? Is the fabric itchy? Or "These buttons are too high/low!"
It means a lot of people tug on the clothes I'm wearing, measure me, take photos like this, spin me around and around, etc. It's fine. After what I've been through in working in NYC, it's great to get paid to do this.

Yesterday I had to try on 2 almost identical sweaters and give my honest opinion about the quality/feel/stretch of each.

When I ride the bus and see people wearing things that I think we made - I realize it. I'm learning about clothing construction, mass-production and sweater-knit tension. I never knew sweater-knit tension existed. I've never been more conscious of how an arm-hole is feeling. Where seams are running, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.