About three weeks ago I had my first bike crash. I fell over. At an intersection. When the light turned green. (on my single speed, not my road bike.) Trolley tracks got me! It wasn't that embarrassing for whatever reason. Suspension of disbelief? I fell the fuck ovah and my bag spilled in the street but I did not and do not feel that embarrassed about it.
I know you have to hit the tracks perpendicular but I hit a curved one going not-fast-enough and bitch flipped me. I was fine but tore my pants and got bruises from hell. People saw me, ran over and put me back together and had the shit back in my purse before I knew it.
So my first crash was a best-case-scenario crash.
How did I manage those years riding in scary big crazy busy NYC and never crash? Wow!
Here's more old information-
I rode in the Halloween bike ride! I built myself some ears and put on an old dress. A lot of people were taking pictures and I was camera-lazy and thought one would surface and never found them so this is about it:

I know you have to hit the tracks perpendicular but I hit a curved one going not-fast-enough and bitch flipped me. I was fine but tore my pants and got bruises from hell. People saw me, ran over and put me back together and had the shit back in my purse before I knew it.
So my first crash was a best-case-scenario crash.
How did I manage those years riding in scary big crazy busy NYC and never crash? Wow!
Here's more old information-
I rode in the Halloween bike ride! I built myself some ears and put on an old dress. A lot of people were taking pictures and I was camera-lazy and thought one would surface and never found them so this is about it:

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.