10/15/12

First Little Rock Bike Date

It's been a long time since we put on nice outfits and rode bicycles to an event.
P1040359

Sunday we got ready to bike a very short distance from our apartment downtown to the Bernice Garden for an Arkansas Local Food Network dinner. Which was delicious, by the way.
P1040361

P1040368

P1040371

Matt has a bushy beard this season.
Beard Matt

Matt's commuter bike has a busted tube and I've got to go get a spare for him. He rode his new road bike. We were eating outside and I figured our bikes would be in our sight and the threat of having bikes stolen has diminished greatly here in this car-dependent place.

For example: I'm zero percent worried my saddle will be stolen here in Arkansas. I think it's more likely that the entire bike would be stolen, and I don't feel much of a threat about that either. (I'm talking about my Linus, not my new Trek.)

Yes, my single-speed now feels like I'm riding a molases whale compared to my new road bike
But I still love her cargo capacity. 

1 comment:

  1. I envy you guys. Good for you that you've found an apartment near food establishments. I've yet to find a house for rent in makati that is near to a food establishment open everyday including Saturdays and Sundays.

    Lauren Hixon

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.