My besties know, my bosses know, and know the internets must be told that we are moving away from New York City and headed back to our motherland, Arkansas.
Why?
1. Because we moved here for me and we'll move away for Matt.
2. Because the Univ. of Arkansas Medical School created a fantastic job for Matt.
3. Because all of our families and old friends and old teachers who we love live there and it's really fun making all those people Happy.
4. Because the air is fresh and delicious to our lungs and we can have a rad quality of life down there.
5. Because living in NYC made me realize I'm a southern creature. We're southern people, me and Matt, and we're taking our accents and going home.
When? End of this month/June. We are moving away and slowly driving (a rental car + bonnie dog) at the beginning of July. This marks five years of living in New York City and we think that's just plenty.
However, I'm going to every stinking show and museum and restaurant I haven't gotten around to. The Bucket List is going hard. That's kind-of why I'm too busy to blog. I'm busy being selfish and living it up and soaking it up and saying goodbye. But I'm going to have to do some Journal blogs because I'm going to so much cool stuff in the next two weeks, starting with tonight- I'm going to see Barack Obama & Bill Clinton on Broadway. I'm so excited! About all of this!
This photo is of the little house deep in Hot Springs where Bill Clinton lived. We are going to live in Little Rock near his Presidential Library.
6/4/12
Arkansas Bound - For Good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is SO exciting! Congrats on the new journey. Enjoy. Every. Second!
ReplyDeleteSarah
www.thinfluenced.com
oh my goodness!!! Cycling in the south!
ReplyDeleteHappy moving and enjoy your busy last days of NY life!
Julie, I've only just started reading your blog and I love it and I love everything you have to say. You've inspired me to become a fashionable lady biker myself. Though I've only just started bike commuting I'm working toward making it more of my life instead of what I used to do, which was crazy hard hammer-type rides. Like you called it, "going steady with bike commuting." I wish you luck on your move and I'm looking forward to reading more of your lady biker adventures in a new state and town. Keep up the great blog!
ReplyDeleteI had a most delicious BBQ/ Cheddar burger at Forty-Two in the Clinton Center for lunch today. It's getting on summer time, but it was still cool enough to enjoy sitting outside watching riders and runners pass by along the Arkansas River. Come on home. We're looking forward to meeting you guys. Cycling bloggers welcome!
ReplyDeleteJBar
I love your blog so much. I can't wait to help do advocacy and bike blog it up down there!
DeleteI like your reasoning. : )
ReplyDeleteOh, Julie! While I'm selfishly sad to see you leave, I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure! Thank you for being such a fantastic inspiration, and for bringing together a picnic full of cool lady bikers to swap stories. I'd love to repay you with a drink soon, but if not, I look forward to reading about lots of bike (and other) adventures in Arkansas soon. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck Jules!
ReplyDeleteawesome- good luck to you both!
ReplyDeleteHooray! We need more polite, stylish cyclists here in the Midwest. Happy moving to you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you guys! Good luck! I look forward to reading about your biking adventures back in the motherland (and also being supremely envious of your thrift store finds). xo
ReplyDeleteGirl, yes, my thrift game is gonna be so siiick... I bet I make an online shop. I'll share the goodness and have completely reasonable prices.
DeleteThank you for all the nice compliments everyone!
ReplyDeleteWell, Julie, as one Southern woman to another, the south needs all the progressive, civically engaged women that it can get. I'll know that you'll return home and continue to put your heart and soul into Planned Parenthood and other important causes that have made me one of your biggest fans.
ReplyDeleteWishing you the smoothest of smooth moves :) Can't wait to keep up with your biking adventures in Arkansas!
ReplyDeleteAww, Julie, I wish you the best of luck and I'm very happy for you, although I can't help but feel sad that I won't read any more of your tales of NYC, which I found enthralling. As a UK reader from the north of England, it was a lovely means of escapism to read about your commute and all the events you blogged about, and over the months I've been following your blog, it's inspired me to dump the spandex and hi-viz and cycle in normal clothes as often as possible - it's so liberating! Thank you so much, and I'll still follow your tales in Arkansas x
ReplyDeleteWhaaattt?? No! So sad to see you go (not that I actually know you or anything, but you know...it's sad to see people leave NYC) Best of luck on your new adventures!! ....btw, has your company hired a new you? if not I'm totally interested ;) seriously! i'm on the job hunt!
ReplyDeletebless you julie, i now have a reason to come to arkansas! see you someday, my love!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, lady, you don't have to do that! but we'll definitely update one another should travel bring us near. :)
DeleteIt sounds like a wonderful move for you both, but it will be NY's loss for sure! Have a safe move!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a change for you. I'll bet you will miss your beautiful little apartment.
ReplyDeleteI've not been on here for simply ages, have too many blogs to see and one of mine too. Son gets married week after next and I'm going on a cycle weekend next weekend (camping) hope weather is better than it is here.
All the best for your move and hope you show us some pictures of your new home.
Good luck, sweetheart! Excited to see your new adventures in Arkansas and hope you keep up the blog!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move and I look forward to reading about your bike adventures in Arkansas!
ReplyDeleteJulie --
ReplyDelete-- I'm so sad I just saw this now.
Let me say that I'm very glad to have met you. You're one sweet lady biker, and I'll always associate you with #bikenyc no matter where you live.
Have a blast down south...and can't wait to read about your #bikeARK <3 <3 <3.
xOxO,
Amanda