Saturday I left early to do an escort volunteer shift at Planned Parenthood. I remembered to use the recently re-opened and renovated East Side Path.

I did a later shift than usual, so it was a different traffic if that makes sense. I was there late enough to see the early-morning protesters pack it up and leave.
It was St. Patrick's Day and I'm superstitious so I had on some green. Matt met me after my shift.

We went to eat breakfast at Peels. It was really good. The biscuit is a whole menu item, but my shrimp & grits weren't huge, so I'm glad I also ordered the biscuit. Matt did the same thing. Order a breakfast + a biscuit.

We checked out some shops. I wanted to go to Madewell and TopShop and in exchange for his patience during that, I agreed to go to REI with him.


I did a later shift than usual, so it was a different traffic if that makes sense. I was there late enough to see the early-morning protesters pack it up and leave.
It was St. Patrick's Day and I'm superstitious so I had on some green. Matt met me after my shift.

We went to eat breakfast at Peels. It was really good. The biscuit is a whole menu item, but my shrimp & grits weren't huge, so I'm glad I also ordered the biscuit. Matt did the same thing. Order a breakfast + a biscuit.

We checked out some shops. I wanted to go to Madewell and TopShop and in exchange for his patience during that, I agreed to go to REI with him.

Is the east river bike path continuous all the way to the bottom of manhattan? I haven't ridden over there in a while. Love the blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks. No, the East River Path is NOT continuous. I get on it at the new pedestrian bridge at 78th street and ride down as far as possible, which is about 60th street. It lets out right under the Queensboro Bridge.
DeleteI do know that you can ride it pretty far north though.
There's something about how the UN doesn't want the path running behind their building. That's an excuse for part of the interruption. I think that's the case.
Is it easy to jump back on it when it starts up again at like 34th street? Is that part continuous down to lower Manhattan?
DeleteI can't say. If I'm below 34th, I usually just use the new-ish bike lanes on 1st & 2nd Aves. Since I spoke out at community board meetings about the expansion of the 1st Ave. lane uptown, I just like to monitor them.
DeletePeople who were against the lanes in the CB meetings said things like "I never see anyone use" (the bike lanes on 1st & 2nd Aves on the LES so I like to be present to prove them wrong and see for myself.
I like your response lol! I'll use the 1st Ave lane just for you. I'm going to try commuting from my apt in Ft. Greene to my office in Midtown starting next week, and your blog is really helpful. Thank you.
Delete