2/21/12

Bye, Bye, Green Bike

Me and Nirve - Last morning commute
Our last morning commute together. I never got completely comfortable on this bike. I also had issues with the gears, as in, too-high and too-low issues. I turned in my first draft and I hope they let me review more bicycles and accessories in the future. It was fun having new responsibilities in my commuting. I was tasked with evaluating this guy, and I liked the process. It was fun to try out a new bike, even though I didn't fall in love like I was afraid I might.

Matt took this yesterday when we were off for President's Day. We aren't photography lighting experts, obviously.
julie_nirve_

I had ambitious gols for the holiday, but we mainly carried out our weekly tradition of The Bachelor watch party. A screen-shot I took of Courtney's strained, un-sympathetic face was used on I Hate Green Beans Bachelor re-cap blog. (!!!)

Tonight after I dropped the Nirve bike off at the shop that built him for me, I scurried over to the bus stop and waited patiently. I haven't used my metro card in so long I had no idea it was completely empty and I had to get off the bus. I ended up taking a cab, and that's just fine. We've been so lucky with this awesome winter. I know everyone must be sick of hearing about it, but this time last year I was doing good if the snow was clear enough for me to commute three days a week. I can barely remember the last time I wasn't able to bike to work. I am grateful for this warm winter. 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/21/2012

    Great shot! Your makeup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to reading your review of this bike and hope you get to review others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please tell me that is NOT the Eurosport 3 speed! I literally just fell in love w/ it on the Nirve website and bookmarked it as a possible Spring purchase. Ironically I wanted a Linus before that but I read all about their rust problems. (Kate Middleton is lovely regardless.)

    Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the eurosport 3 speed. Maybe I reviewed a newer model? It's nice looking but it's not for me.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.