I don't want to pressure anyone into riding outside of their comfort zone, but people who think "Oh, it's January..." Need not pay attention to what month it is, because this winter is tricky. She's warm! Who cares if it's January?
So break out your skirts and let's ride. It was 57ยบ today and it was awesome.


This skirt is always a hit - It's old Forever21. The jackets were both thrifted in Arkansas and the muscle tee is from the little boys section. My Gap Booties are still really comfortable and fine for bicycle riding, I just have to deal with being extra tall when I wear them which makes me feel weird sometimes. Like a giant.
Here's the busy bike lane I take home. I didn't even have to wear gloves so I could take danger zone photos like this. Going up 6th Ave.
This is from Jan. 27th Last Year. The buses weren't even running and I had to walk all the way to work.

This faux fur coat was also thrifted in Arkansas. That big black bag is my old trusty L.A.M.B.
I remember being on the phone with another person who lives close to the office and we were laughing like "Yep, walking in... see you in an hour or so..." and no one could get to work and I was barely biking 3 days a week because of icebergs.
I never say stuff like this, but I think God is watching out for all the Occupy Wall Street campers and sparing them a blizzard snowpocalypse like we got last year. Amen.
So break out your skirts and let's ride. It was 57ยบ today and it was awesome.


This skirt is always a hit - It's old Forever21. The jackets were both thrifted in Arkansas and the muscle tee is from the little boys section. My Gap Booties are still really comfortable and fine for bicycle riding, I just have to deal with being extra tall when I wear them which makes me feel weird sometimes. Like a giant.
Here's the busy bike lane I take home. I didn't even have to wear gloves so I could take danger zone photos like this. Going up 6th Ave.

This is from Jan. 27th Last Year. The buses weren't even running and I had to walk all the way to work.

This faux fur coat was also thrifted in Arkansas. That big black bag is my old trusty L.A.M.B.
I remember being on the phone with another person who lives close to the office and we were laughing like "Yep, walking in... see you in an hour or so..." and no one could get to work and I was barely biking 3 days a week because of icebergs.
I never say stuff like this, but I think God is watching out for all the Occupy Wall Street campers and sparing them a blizzard snowpocalypse like we got last year. Amen.
I love those pink tires.
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is a serious January winner!
ReplyDeleteMy dear Julie, I biked in a couple of times already this week as the temps have hit in the high 40's and it's been sunny out. Both were pencil skirts so I pedaled in my lady-like fashion. I think you would have been proud. I wish I had your nipped in waist line so I could wear a gathered, full skirt like that. Being thick waisted is so tricky.
ReplyDeleteOn a super-Liberal-feminist note, I made a donation to Planned Parenthood today and thought of you and your unabashed support of Occupy and all things good. I will probably make a donation to Occupy next pay day as I heard on NPR this morning that their funds are running low. I find myself wondering if the man who doesn't worry about the very poor or realize that the social safety net is deteriorating will ultimately give Occupy movements all over the country a big boost?