
Tonight's conditions entertained me with several pedestrians umbrellas being blown inside out. This evening was extremely dark, rainy and windy and I maybe shouldn't have done it, but of course an older male who is unaware of my experience level or particular route advised I not ride... so...
I pulled out the old garbage bag raincoat and things went just fine.
I mean, my shoes and pants got soaked... but they will dry out.
My turquoise jeans' dye turned my socks and feet blue, but that's no big deal.
Luckily, my panniers are waterproof and protected my goods. My coats forearms and my gloves got quite wet. They'll dry. I have more coats and gloves.
Matt came out and filmed me talking about my ride. Nothing fantastic here other than showing good spirits despite being soaked on a late December bike ride in New York City. This time last year we had like, 2 feet of snow or some crazy nightmare. I'll take rain.
You are just too cute!!
ReplyDeleteThey say No bad weather just inappropriate clothing (and low spirits!) Rock on!
ReplyDeleteI tried the garbage bag raincoat once but unfortunately when it rains here it usally happens in the form of a monsoon. Nothing can save you in a monsoon. You just get soaked.
ReplyDeleteI love how you have found a way to have adventures with nature in NYC!
ReplyDeleteBBuys
Nice idea of using garbage bag as raincoats. At least, you have a very useful way of recycling plastics. I hope more people would be like you. environmental services
ReplyDelete