12/25/11

Christmas Eve Times

xmas_eve_montage
xmas_montage2

We were Domestic as Heck this Christmas Eve. We quickly picked-out some recipes and got groceries on Friday night since I had zero plans for us this Christmas weekend. It's really nice to not have any plans sometimes as that's not our norm. We also couldn't agree on a restaurant to make a reservation. We forget we can fix food ourselves. 

Getting groceries meant the fridge couldn't hold it all and some beer went out on the terrace. We don't have a fully-normal sized refrigerator in our tiny apartment.

Matt made the first 2 meals of Christmas Eve. He started it off with some steel-cut oats with cherries then for lunch he made grilled cheese with apples. I made a tortilla soup for dinner. I also made my old family recipe Jell-o salad - It's a strawberry/pear/cool-whip/cream cheese/marshmallow dessert.

When we walked Bonnie this afternoon we stopped to get Kahlua to make Soy Milk White Russians. Me and Bonnie waited out on the sidewalk.

We watched Jackass3 and Pecker and now it's time for bed.

Our soy milk white russians were great and I found a recipe online to use equal parts soy milk, kahlua and vodka. We like Tito's handmade vodka. I love how much ad space they buy in BUST magazine.

I used a Martha tortilla soup recipe.

Matt freestyled his oats and grilled cheeses. Though not dairy-free, it happened to be a meat-free day.
Tomorrow is going to be a different story of the wild game variety. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! Have a warm and snuggly Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds great! Just discovered your blog. Love it! Check mine out if you get a sec at www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - glad you guys enjoyed your holiday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Julie, you're so wonderful.

    I also love how much ad space Tito's buys in Bust. I've been gifted at least 6 bottles of Tito's from a retouching/photo client of mine that's based out of Austin, it got me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/28/2011

    Nice holiday shot.

    We were also nesting over the holiday weekend. My husband made pumpkin soup and honey whole wheat bread for Christmas Eve and the next night we made cavatelle pasta with smoked braised pork shanks for our Christmas Dinner. So yummy. Movies, wine and cuddling with the dogs. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.