8/24/11

Bike Tricks - Biking in a Short Skirt

Tuesday morning
Bike Tricks! How to bike in Short Skirt
Tuesday Leopard & Cardi
The shorts gave me one less thing to worry about. I even wore them around the office because they weren't bothering anyone. No one could see them!

But they did peek out on the ride. Just a little.

I've worn this dress before. It's a $20 piece from Charlotte Russe. I couldn't believe it was cool enough to start out with a little cardigan this morning. I took it off before I went on my way and by the time I was at 51st Street at 7th Ave - I was sweating in some places.


Vans cat eye sunglasses - L.A.M.B. hobo in the basket
Cardigan with sequins - sample from work
Leopard dress from Charlotte Russe
Belt - Thrifted vintage snakeskin - found in Arkansas
H&M conservative faux suede pumps with studs on the heels
Bicycle by Linus
Pink tires by Fyxation

Pumps

5 comments:

  1. Hey Julie,
    This blog was apropos for me this morning as I noticed that the skirt was wearing was flying up a bit while I was riding. Lucky for me, it had a tie that hung down between my knees and kept it from flying up all together but I'm definitely going to have to invest in some shorts or bloomers like Sheryl has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, do you have pink pans?? Of course you do!

    I wear bloomers under my dresses when I ride my bike. I found this super cute free pattern at Colette Patterns and made them in lots of different prints and colors-

    http://www.coletterie.com/colette-patterns-news/free-pattern-to-download-the-madeleine-mini-bloomers

    They're perfect for it! And if my dress accidentally goes up a little bit, the bows hang out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to wear black tight exercise shorts underneath, kind of like biker shorts but without all the padding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fawn- Thank you for that pattern! I hope to live in a normal home again someday where I can have a table and do some sewing again. In the meantime, I should buy some on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my male coworkers asked me if riding a bike in a skirt was unusual and aren't they "just showing all the goods riding like that". this after seeing someone ride by in a dress, white lab coat, and a helmet, on the sidewalk. i was like you noticed the skirt, but not the sidewalk thing?! even on the bike, her hem hit her knee. i guess guys will stare no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.