We mostly had a stay-cation for this 4th of July holiday. Matt is studying hard-core for a big radiation-physics exam. Yuck! I'm being supportive by using my best indoor-voice, and feeding him.
We did attend a 4th of July party Monday night. We went to The Liberty Belle Spectacular and there are cute photos and coverage here. It was on the rooftop of the Empire Hotel on the Upper West Side.


I was very happy to go to a party so close to home! I did a quick lock-up near Lincoln Center.
I have to give huge thanks to Matt for not giving me crap about riding in these high heels! So nice of him to not harass me about them at all.

He didn't give me junk about my heels, but he did not-cooperate when I tried to take a picture of us on our way.

Sheryl was there! Matt is showing off our special holiday cocktails.

Then we drank 'em up!

PS- Oh my god! I can't stand my hair right now. I wanted to photoshop a hat on there.
I was so happy that so many people dressed to the nines! Everyone looked amazing and I was delighted!

We did attend a 4th of July party Monday night. We went to The Liberty Belle Spectacular and there are cute photos and coverage here. It was on the rooftop of the Empire Hotel on the Upper West Side.


I was very happy to go to a party so close to home! I did a quick lock-up near Lincoln Center.
I have to give huge thanks to Matt for not giving me crap about riding in these high heels! So nice of him to not harass me about them at all.

He didn't give me junk about my heels, but he did not-cooperate when I tried to take a picture of us on our way.

Sheryl was there! Matt is showing off our special holiday cocktails.

Then we drank 'em up!

PS- Oh my god! I can't stand my hair right now. I wanted to photoshop a hat on there.
I was so happy that so many people dressed to the nines! Everyone looked amazing and I was delighted!

hi julie! i just found your blog recently through simply bike, and i absolutely love it! you are just so adorable and i love your bike! i just recently started biking this summer (i have a blue '67 murray le mans) and i bought the cutest helmet i could find (and afford) but even after just five minutes of helmet time, i get severe helmet hair. how do you avoid it?
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks! I don't think I'm avoiding helmet hair, but rather working it into my look. My hair looks awful in that bottom pic - So FLAT!
ReplyDeleteUsually I take my helmet off and run my fingers through the top of my hair in an upward motion to get it up off my head.
I also think a little sweatyness makes my hair wave and I don't fight the waves. I know it's a battle I'm not going to win. I also check my hair in a reflection or car mirror immediately post-helmet and lock-up.
Oh gosh you are very cute. I love that you cycle in heels. What a beautiful location for a party. Looks like a movie set. Xxxx
ReplyDeletehaha "he did not-cooperate when I tried to take a picture of us on our way". love that picture.
ReplyDeleteWow, you look amazing! Your makeup is incredible and the dress is beautiful. The hair does look flat, btw, but it's not as bad as you think :)
ReplyDeleteWith all the humidity here in the East coast, your makeup is still flawless. HOw do you do it? Plus, love the dress and heels.
ReplyDeleteI too found your blog through simply bike, and I agree, you are the cutest! You've got such style. I don't know if anyone ever told you, but you look very British. (In a good way...I'm an Anglophile!) I want to bike more, and you've definitely inspired me to do it.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing! What a great way to spend the 4th. I was also on a rooftop for Independence day (in Bushwick) but the cops came and kicked us off right before the fireworks started! That was a bummer...
ReplyDeleteYa'll are all so funny & Sweet! I'm not wearing so much make-up these days. My make-up boyfriend told me to skip the powder this summer.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing some bold lips because I'm as white as I can be.
Mascara every day. Even if I'm the only person who's gonna see me! :)
You look absolutely gorgeous and stunning !! Wow!! new york bottle service
ReplyDelete