6/5/11

First Impressions of the new Lady Bike

1st Ride Home - Linus Dutchie 1
Meet my new Linus Dutchie 1 in Pearl.

1. This bike feels like Dutch-bike Lite.
2. I can't believe how much lighter this bike is than my Schwinn.
Carrying it downstairs to the bike room is a dream!
3. I love the extremely upright posture. You'll never see my ass-crack again!
4. I am so nervous & scared about keeping the paint in perfect condition.
5. The bell it comes with is a piece of shit. Need a new bell & basket immediately.
Old bell is out of the question. It's absolutely got to be all silver.

I am a little bothered that the browns of the seat and grips don't match. But overall, I know this bike is a looker.
1st Ride Home - Linus Dutchie 1

Until I find a basket, the bag is chilling here on the 'bars. I like the lack of wires thanks to the coaster brakes. I like that a lot. This is a Lady Bike.
1st Ride Home - Linus Dutchie 1

I'll talk about my shopping process later. Luckily, I'm decisive and had this paid for by noon on Saturday. -Less than 24 hours after the destruction of my first love.

I look beat because we stayed out til 2am last night, but wanted to photograph the beginning of this new relationship.

1st Ride Home - Linus Dutchie 1

This bike feeling like such a Lady is fueling the girly fire inside of me.

12 comments:

  1. oohh what a beauty! i love Linus dutch bikes! congrats on your new lady. glad you found a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I know several ladies who bought this bicycle in the Boston area and they are pleased. The size looks just right for you. And I think single speed is just perfect for the city. Congratulations and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/05/2011

    I saw this bike in the Bay area in March and it IS a lady bike for sure. Very elegant. Don't feel bad about being bothered by the grip-seat thing. I am the same way. Maybe you can get the grips wrapped in leather or a matching cork. I once got a bike that had a black saddle that didn't match the brown grips and I had them switch the saddle for the brown leather that was on the men's version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's great and definitely suits you. where did you pick this up? i'm looking for a new bike and can't seem to find a shop that has a good cruiser selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a bike yesterday and it is a very similar Linus, lady-size, SAME COLOR!

    What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, except mine is a 3 speed. I did try out a coaster brake bike @ HUB (a Worksman) but it was too heavy for me, but very nice also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beauty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new bicycle! That's a sweet ass lookin' ride

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet ride! Love that bag too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Back in the Saddle Again"! I am so glad, I truly felt your heartache last week. BTW where did you purchased your bike? I am in the market for a new one.

    P.S. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right- the bell IS crap! Mine fell off mid-ride two weeks after I bought the bike (a Linus Dutchi 3 purchased from Adeline Adeline, where they sell em for 11 bux less than everywhere else). And the saddle: I swapped it out for a Brooks b67s. I love that Linus makes a beautiful Dutch-style bike I can actually carry up and down stairs. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.