Matt, my husband, if you're new to me, has been working in a lab setting for the past year, and is taking a sharp turn back to the clinical world where he needs to go back to wearing business clothes. He cannot shop for these things by himself. I have to be there for reference, navigation, encouragement and of course, final approval.

My gorgeous Kate Middleton is smashed up on Matt's nameless Scattante on a pole in SoHo.
The nervous mother eats Spongebob for strength before heading into some men's shops.

Saturday's shopping looked something like this, and I think rounds out at about 20 miles.

Before this bike adventure, we did some walking in our neighborhood- J. Crew men's store, Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, H&M. We decided we needed to step it up, mount-up on the bikes, and head downtown.
On bikes we hit different J. Crews & Bananas, Ted Baker, Ben Sherman, Buckler, Century 21.
I saw every single necktie in New York City!
Before we set out, I took reference photos of things on-hand so we could build and avoid redundancies.

Skinny ties for a skinny guy.
He's over me with the photos.

I had no idea we would be out so long we would close down Century 21. This is the World Trade Center site if you aren't familiar. So many cranes!

We did good work and got tons of good stuff for him. I almost perished in the men's shoe department at Century 21, but I was revived when he snagged these super-cute K-Swiss.

My basket was piled high and bungee'd tight and Matt carried our metal pannier. I don't have a rear-rack yet.

A pit-stop at the bathroom at Chelsea Piers. Our ride home from Century was about 10mi alone.



Testing out some new bike shoes.

I've been explaining to people that even though we live on the East Side, how amazing and pleasant it is to use the West Side Greenway even if it's a little farther distance. It's so pleasant! We cannot stress it enough! We got to talk and decompress and ride in a casual, mostly-car-free way.
We get over to the East Side pretty quickly, so the safety of the Greenway is definitely worth it.
Bonus Change of Subject - Wedding Attire. I'm so happy Betsey did the following:
1. Wore a short dress! Fresh!
2. Wore a net hair-piece instead of an oppressive veil.
3. Bridesmaids in casual, seriously re-wearable dresses. If you like your friends, you won't make them buy David's Bridal trash.

My gorgeous Kate Middleton is smashed up on Matt's nameless Scattante on a pole in SoHo.
The nervous mother eats Spongebob for strength before heading into some men's shops.

Saturday's shopping looked something like this, and I think rounds out at about 20 miles.

Before this bike adventure, we did some walking in our neighborhood- J. Crew men's store, Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, H&M. We decided we needed to step it up, mount-up on the bikes, and head downtown.
On bikes we hit different J. Crews & Bananas, Ted Baker, Ben Sherman, Buckler, Century 21.
I saw every single necktie in New York City!
Before we set out, I took reference photos of things on-hand so we could build and avoid redundancies.

Skinny ties for a skinny guy.
He's over me with the photos.

I had no idea we would be out so long we would close down Century 21. This is the World Trade Center site if you aren't familiar. So many cranes!

We did good work and got tons of good stuff for him. I almost perished in the men's shoe department at Century 21, but I was revived when he snagged these super-cute K-Swiss.

My basket was piled high and bungee'd tight and Matt carried our metal pannier. I don't have a rear-rack yet.

A pit-stop at the bathroom at Chelsea Piers. Our ride home from Century was about 10mi alone.



Testing out some new bike shoes.

I've been explaining to people that even though we live on the East Side, how amazing and pleasant it is to use the West Side Greenway even if it's a little farther distance. It's so pleasant! We cannot stress it enough! We got to talk and decompress and ride in a casual, mostly-car-free way.
We get over to the East Side pretty quickly, so the safety of the Greenway is definitely worth it.
Bonus Change of Subject - Wedding Attire. I'm so happy Betsey did the following:
1. Wore a short dress! Fresh!
2. Wore a net hair-piece instead of an oppressive veil.
3. Bridesmaids in casual, seriously re-wearable dresses. If you like your friends, you won't make them buy David's Bridal trash.
The West Side Greenway is amazing. LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, when I first saw the pink tires, I didn't really care for them. But now they've really grown on me! I feel like Kate Middleton has an extra special air about her that makes her even more awesome with those on.
ReplyDeleteIMHO Julie...I'd invest in a locking system that includes the wheels. Abus Bordo's would be my choice. That sure is a nice bicycle.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm looking into a wheel lock thing. I'm actually just going to go to the bike shops I trust the most and get their opinions and pick from there.
ReplyDeleteMy pink tires are getting so much attention from pedestrians! Good attention!
How fun to be able to clothes shopping for the hubby on bikes. I am a dedicated fan of JCrew; have been for years but the nearest JCrew is in Phoenix so we always have to drive. We took our bikes to Tempe once and biked around there but it's much more bikable than the rest of the Valley. Anyway, Bob rejected my suggestion he give JCrew a try until one day when we were shopping at the Anthem outlets and he had to come into JCrew to find me. They were having a great sale that day and before I knew it he was picking out button downs and khakis for himself. Left there with a couple of shopping bags of menswear, on top of all the things I purchased for myself. He's a convert now and I think he really does make a handsome JCrew man. He doesn't have to wear suits to work but as an urban planner he meets with the public a lot so he almost always wears a nice shirt and tie and looks really sharp.
ReplyDeleteAnd your friends wedding shots are the best! Very sassy!
I love so, so much that your bike is named Kate Middleton. BEST. Best bicycle name in the universe, and probably the cutest too.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys found lots of fun stuff!