7/31/10

Happy Fall...Already!

2 of my favorite things in the world are happening this fall. Wait - THREE of my Favorite Things in the WORLD are happening, and December is already on fire!

Amy Sedaris's new book Simple Times is coming out this fall and her book tour has 3 New York City events.

[caption id="attachment_1230" align="alignnone" width="409" caption="Amy Sedaris - Simple Times - Crafts for Poor People"]Amy Sedaris - Simple Times - Crafts for Poor People[/caption]

I am fully available and getting there super early for all of these New York City events.

Here's Amy signing the first thing I ever got her to sign. Now I've lost count. She said I had cute hair. I'm so in love with her.
Jules & Amy Sedaris

Here's the whole tour schedule as of July 28th:

November 4: New York, NY. Barnes & Noble, Union Square, 7:00 pm
November 5: Philadelphia, PA. Philadelphia Free Library, Central Library, 7:30 pm
November 8: Washington, DC. Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, 7:00 pm
November 9: Atlanta, GA. Margaret Mitchell House, 6:00 pm
November 10: Raleigh, NC. Quail Ridge Books, 7:30 pm
November 11: Durham, NC. Regulator Bookshop, 7:00 pm
November 12: Asheville, NC. Malaprop’s, time TBD
November 13: Chicago, IL. Borders, N. Michigan Ave., 2:00 pm
November 15: San Francisco, CA. City Arts & Lectures, Herbst Theatre, 8:00 pm
November 16: Santa Cruz, CA. Book Shop Santa Cruz, 7:00 pm
November 17: Menlo Park, CA. Kepler’s, 7:30 pm
November 21: Milwaukee, WI. Next Chapter Bookshop/Turner Hall Ballroom, time TBD
November 30: Boston, MA. Brookline Booksmith/Coolidge Corner Theater, 6:00 pm
December 2: New York, NY. Borders, Columbus Circle, 7:00 pm
December 12: New York, NY. BUST Holiday Craftacular, Metropolitan Pavilion


I already emailed my North Carolina homegirls and told them to mark their calendars. If I was still in the area, I would definitely be going to the Durham and Raleigh events.

Favorite thing #2 is The BUST Magazine Holiday Craftacular. I spend a reckless amount of money at this thing. My friend Emily is hard enough to go with me, because to be my date- you've got to be in line around 7am. I will not fail to get that goody bag! Go hard or don't even go! -is my motto. I bought my Amy Sedaris Granny Panties there. This Sarah Palin Pair... Family Heirlooms for sure!
DSCN0131

Favorite thing #3 is Peaches. Peaches is bring her one-woman rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar: Peaches Christ Superstar to the U.S.A! She's Jesus, she's Mary, she's Everything! Tickets went on pre-sale for fan club/email subscribers on Thursday and yes, I had completed the transaction by lunchtime.

This is when I saw Peaches on her "Impeach my Bush" tour in Norfolk, VA.
Rock the Shocker!

Peaches Christ & The BUST Craftacular are all in one amazing weekend in December. I can't wait to rock this FALL!

I've been living "Summer of Cheap" but someone just told me summer is almost over. What?! I am going to need a theme for the fall and suspect it's going to be craft-related. But I also think I'm going to be out & about way too much to do any actual crafts myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.