2/23/10

Rainin' Rainin' Rainin'

NYC is floating away. It's so rainy & nasty. Today I wanted to snap a pic of a really tacky Firebird but I was too busy holding my umbrella and resume folder. I had a great "pre-interview" and probably for the first time spoke of the Major incident of being on Martha Stewart in a way that doesn't make it sound like I need to follow that or pursue milking that connection. I explained it like "it's a creature that will live forever, but I don't have to feed it often at all, so I should get some other job as it is not a distraction." And I think that worked.

I hate that my birthday is always in this gray, cold, nasty time of the year. If I ever get into the witness re-location program, I am going to relocate my birthday to Labor Day Weekend or some hot-time with big sales. Or maybe when we have some extraneous money, we can relocate from a gray, cold, nasty place and go somewhere lovely & warm.

Tomorrow the job search is going to take a back-seat. I'm turning in a personal statement and some resumes for something very un-fashion that I'm excited about, then I'm going to the preview day at The Whitney for their Biennial show. I know I'll love it, I'm just really scared it's going to be very busy and over-flowing with little-old-ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.